It’s winter time and joint pain is most commonly aggravated during this time . Joint pain is a Vata (Air) disorder . Vata is a bioenergy which is responsible for all kinds of movement in your body . Pain occurs when there is inflammation of nerves and lack of proper Nutrition . To balance Vata dosha in your body you must avoid things which are cool in nature such as cold wind , cold water and cold food .
Here we are providing you various solutions to this problem.
1. Warm Water – Start Consuming Warm water during winters, it helps to balance Vata dosha and thus reduces pain.
2. Dry Ginger powder (Saunth) – A wonder herb to reduce pain and inflammation, take 1 tsp of dry ginger powder once or twice in a day with warm water.
DRY GINGER POWDER (SAUNTH)
.3. Flax Seeds – Flax seeds contain Omega 3, Omega 6 and Vitamin E , which is required to keep your joints lubricated.
.4. Walnuts – Soak 1-2 walnuts overnight and take this empty stomach in the morning. Walnuts are rich source of Omega 3 ,6 fatty acids.
.5. Maha Narayan Oil – Apply warm Maha Narayan Oil gently on your joints for 3-5 min and then do hot water bottle fomentation, it immediately relieves the pain. Do not use Maha Narayan oil if you are suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis. For Rheumatoid Arthritis you can make a potali of Sand, warm it then gently do fomentation with the potali on your joints.
6. Massage with herbal Potali – Make a Potali of herbal powder such as Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Dry ginger powder (Saunth) (Zingiber officinale), Nirgungi (Vitex negundo) and Erand (Ricinus communis). Dip this Potali in warm Maha Narayan Oil and do a gentle massage on the knee joint.
7. Avoid Food causing inflammation – Avoid food such as bread, biscuits, pasta, bakery goods and food containing preservatives, as these foods cause inflammation
.8. Avoid Caffeine – Caffeine is one of the major components which causes inflammation in your body, you can replace your regular tea with hot cinnamon infusion, Ginger and black pepper infusion or just hot water.
9. Maintain Ideal Body weight – Joint pain aggravates if you are not able to maintain your ideal body weight. Knee joints are the weight bearing joint, so the movement of your weight increases it increases pain in joints.
10. Sleep (7-8 hrs.) – Sleep is the time when your body rejuvenates itself. If you don’t take regular sleep of 7-8 hours, then it leads to water retention and inflammation in your body.