Hair fall is the most common condition found in both women and men . People start doing the remedies without even knowing the cause of Hair fall . It is very crucial to find out the cause and the reason why the person is losing hair . Once you identify the exact cause then you can easily manage hair fall issues . Providing nourishment and avoiding food damaging hair is the sample way to manage hair fall issues .
Let’s check out the most common causes of hair fall and how to manage them .
1. Protein deficiency – Most of the time people are not aware of this fact and they keep applying various kinds of oil and serums to control hair fall . Our hairs are made up of protein and once we don’t consume enough protein in our diet it leads to hair fall . Vegetarians are generally not able to consume enough of protein in their diet as they are not aware of protein sources .
Solution : Include proteins such as pulses, paneer , milk , soybean, Almond milk, Soy milk , egg , fish and chicken in your diet .Daily requirement of protein is 1gm/kg/day .
2. Lack of Sleep – Sleep if the time when your body rejuvenates and the process of repair is faster at this time . Lack of sleep slows down the process of healing which leads to hair fall and many other health issues . Even if you are on a nutritious diet, but you don’t give rest to your body then it definitely causes hair fall. Make sure to have at least 7-8 hours of sleep everyday.
Solution : Take 1 cup of warm milk at night , also make sure you take your dinner by 7:00 pm . Put 1 drop of cow’s ghee in both the nostrils , you can also do a light foot massage just before sleeping . Avoid using gadgets late at night and make sure you must turn off all the lights in the room for better quality sleep.
3. Anemia (Low Hemoglobin) : It is very important to check your Hb level, most of the time along with hair fall people also start feeling low in energy. Specially in females low Hb is also one of the common causes of hair fall. Sometimes we don’t check internal health parameters and miss the exact cause of hair fall.
Solution : Include Vit C rich food in your diet like amla, oranges . lemon water and berries . Iron is also one of the important nutrients to manage Hb , so include Iron rich food like Spinach and other dark leafy greens , beetroot , dates and nuts . You can also consume antioxidant rich vegetable juice .
4. Hormonal imbalance : In certain conditions like PCOS and Hypothyroidism , hair fall is a very common symptom . Instead of just popping vitamin pills, manage your hormonal disorders first and focus on eating more plant based food . The cause of hormonal imbalance is unknown but still it has been found in certain studies that excessive consumption of food rich in trans fats , chemical and junk food leads to hormonal imbalances .
Solution : It is advisable to consult an endocrinologist to manage your hormonal imbalance and along with that include food rich in Vitamin E in your diet .Include nuts and seeds in your diet and avoid consuming junk food .
5. Stress: Stress is also one of the most common causes of hair fall. There are many causes of stress which include personal, professional and health disorders. It is very important to manage your stress with correct nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Solution: Do yoga, deep breathing and meditation every day at least for 15-20 min. Even if you are not able to do this every day, just start it and see the results.