One of the simplest ways to enjoy the summer is to feel the warm rays of the sun in the same way we feel in winter. It is very important nowadays to adopt sun-safety methods and protect the skin from the damaging UV rays which come when we are more exposed to the sun during the warm months.
A skin rash is characterized by red and itchy skin, with small bumps or changes in color, appearance or texture. This may occur in any part of the body and can be distributed on large portions of skin. This is caused by allergies, insect bites, mites, acne, excessive sweating, or contact with poisonous plants. Also certain soaps, shampoos and cosmetics which do not suit the skin lead to rash.
There are many herbal products and natural foods that work effectively and are natural cures for skin rashes such as :
1. Calendula flower- It includes volatile oil, carotenoids, flavonoids, aromatic plant acids etc. The hydrolate or watery distillate of calendula can be sprayed directly on the skin and will help treat skin irritations and rashes.
2. Chamomile- It is an antioxidant and includes flavonoids and volatile oils. Chamomile is calming and soothing. It is used to calm red, dry, and irritated skin.
3. Coconut and tea tree oil- It is antifungal and can be combined with coconut oil and applied after a shower. It provides immediate relief from itching and rash if applied continuously for some time.
4. Fruits peels– Watermelon purée can be applied to the skin as it cools and moisturizes the skin and helps to treat skin rash.
5.Aloe vera gel- It has a natural cooling effect and is a good remedy for sunburn rashes. By rubbing Aloe vera gel directly on a skin rash it will calm and soothe the rash.
6.Vitamin E- Vitamin E capsule can be broken and applied directly on the skin. It will nourish and soothe the skin rash.
Natural foods for treating skin rashes
1.Orange and yellow fruits and vegetables– These provide carotenoids like beta-carotene, which helps to improve resistance to rashes triggered by the sun.
2.Lean protein- Sufficient amount of proteins in the diet helps the immune system guard against infections that cause rashes.
3.Vitamin C-Rich Foods- An increased intake of vitamin C-rich foods (Oranges, spinach, green and red peppers) help promote the healing of your skin rash.
4.Honey– Eating a spoon of raw honey helps prevent inflammation from skin rash.
6. Olive oil– It helps to fight inflammation and free radicals and helps prevent skin rash.
Natural products from plant sources are gaining popularity these days because they have no side-effects, are better tolerated,inexpensive and also acceptable because they have been used for a long time. So instead of going for medicines a person should focus on using natural remedies for treating skin rashes.